Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Morphing

I really love the idea, specifically with claymation, of things that turn into something else constantly. As of right now I'm basing my project conceptually around the idea of just that - that you're eyes can and constantly do deceive you and that there is no absolute knowledge upon which to base anything. Of course that's a pretty big and serious question but I think it can be demonstrated with clay. It's been really helpful to find examples of claymation that explore the idea of letting the clay take on a mind of its own by seeing how it morphs almost accidentally from one thing to another. This video also uses changing camera angles to explore the many changing faces of the clay blob. Also it seems to be done by amateurs which is totally inspiring and makes me feel less intimidated by the whole thing!

http://www.clipaday.com/videos/cool-claymation-animation

No comments:

Post a Comment