Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Flying Objects

Okay so after looking through a coupe internet sites (and my own experience), I think I have found a relatively good method for having objects flying in your claymation video. Since my video incorporates several flying birds, some at the same time, I had to come up with a method. Above my set I screwed a basic shelving unit to the wall so that an object tied to string could slide back and forth. Originally I only had one string attached to each bird (embedded inside) but I found that I didn't have enough control. To keep the bird/object level I attached another string to the shelf above. To create an arched effect when flying, I used yet another string to pull the object forward or back. This process does require more editing in the end because of the extra string but I think it allows for the most control. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment