Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Armature Wire

So here are a few tips that I have for making wire armatures. As in my last claymation, I created a man out of wire, sculpy, and fabric. The first thing that you need to consider is what your armature will be doing. Since my figure was sitting, I did not need extremely sturdy wire for the legs. I used bailing wire for the entire frames but triple wrapped them together. I used clay that would harden to add weight to the body. Be careful not to put wire on any portion of the body that will flex (i.e. don't put clay on the joints). After that I used scuply clay for any body parts that were visible past the clothing. Not every project will need the same materials so consider what you want your figure to do before you purchase supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment